The GOP-controlled legislature is planning an extraordinary session to pass legislation while Gov. Scott Walker still holds office and before Gov-elect Tony Evers takes office on January 7, 2019. This could happen as soon as the week of Dec 3.
- A subsidy package to Kimberly-Clark to prevent the closing of a plant in the Fox Cities;
- Moving the date of the 2020 Presidential primary;
- Work requirements for certain BadgerCare recipients;
- Changes to the recently created office of state solicitor general;
- Writing into to state law existing administrative rules on voter ID;
- Taking away certain powers related to state agency rulemaking recently given to the governor; and
- Changes to the makeup of the state job agency oversight board.
Stay tuned here for further updates on anything K-12 related.