The Department of Public Instruction (DPI) has announced a schedule of six listening sessions on Wisconsin’s proposed Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) state plan.
Here are the dates, times and locations of the upcoming listening sessions:
- June 12 – Pewaukee: 8 to 10 a.m. — CESA 1, N25 W23131 Paul Road, Suite 100, Pewaukee;
- June 15 – Tomahawk: 9 to 11 a.m. — CESA 9, 304 Kaphaem Road, Tomahawk;
- June 16 – Oshkosh: 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. — CESA 6 Conference Center, 2300 State Road 44, Oshkosh;
- June 19 – West Salem: 1 to 3 p.m. — CESA 4, 923 East Garland Street, West Salem;
- June 19 – Milwaukee 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. — Milwaukee Public Schools Central Services, 5225 West Vliet Street, Room 206-208, Milwaukee; and
- June 27 – Madison: 1 to 3 p.m. — Lussier Community Education Center, 55 South Gammon Road, Community Room, Madison.
Each listening sessions will feature short presentations to provide information about Wisconsin’s proposed ESSA plan followed by guided discussions around four key areas: school accountability, educator development, school improvement, and student supports. Participants will be able to ask questions and submit formal comments at the event or through an online feedback form. The comment period ends June 30.
The online feedback form is also an option for those not able to attend an in-person session.
Read More: DPI Press Release on ESSA Listening Sessions