The co-chairs of the legislature’s Joint Committee on Finance (JFC) have announced six public hearings on the 2017-19 state budget to be held around the state:
- Monday, April 3 – UW-Platteville, Platteville
- Wednesday, April 5 – State Fair Park, Milwaukee
- Friday, April 7 – Berlin High School, Berlin
- Tuesday, April 18 – Spooner High School, Spooner
- Wednesday, April 19 – Ellsworth High School, Ellsworth
- Friday, April 21 – Marinette High School, Marinette
Start times will be announced at a later date according to the release. It is crucially important that as many school leaders as possible testify at these hearings to preserve the investments included in the governor’s proposal.