As we posted late last week, the Assembly Education Committee is planning to hold a hearing on Thursday, December 17. We now know what other bills will likely be on the agenda:
- Assembly Bill 481 Relating to: limitations on borrowing by school districts and the use by school districts of resolutions and referenda to authorize bonding for capital projects or increase revenue limits and scheduling of school district referendums to exceed revenue limits.
There will likely be an amendment introduced before the hearing (WASB will update you as soon as it is introduced. Follow the WASB Legislative Update blog for the latest developments.)
- Assembly Bill 517 Relating to: reporting crimes and other incidents that occur on school property, on school transportation, and at school sanctioned events and granting rule-making authority.
- Assembly Bill 581 Relating to: licenses to teach vocational education subjects.
Executive Session (committee vote):
- Assembly Bill 469 Relating to: use of changing rooms by pupils.
There will likely be a substitute amendment introduced to this bill (WASB will update you as soon as it is introduced. Follow the WASB Legislative Update blog for the latest developments.)
WASB opposes this bill as drafted and encourages members to contact their legislators as well as Education Committee members (see below). (Talking Points)
An official hearing notice has not yet been posted and is not expected until later today. We will update you with time and location as well as information about any other bills that may be heard.
Assembly Education Committee Members:
- Representative Thiesfeldt (Chair) (R-Fond du Lac)
- Representative Kitchens (Vice-Chair) (R-Sturgeon Bay)
- Representative Jagler (R-Watertown)
- Representative Knudson (R-Hudson)
- Representative Rodriguez (R-Franklin)
- Representative R. Brooks (R-Saukville)
- Representative Horlacher (R-Mukwonago)
- Representative Murphy (R-Greenville)
- Representative Quinn (R-Rice Lake)
- Representative Hutton (R-Brookfield)
- Representative Duchow (R-Town of Delafield)
- Representative Pope (D-Cross Plains)
- Representative Sinicki (D-Milwaukee)
- Representative Genrich (D-Green Bay)
- Representative Barnes (D-Milwaukee)
- Representative Considine (D-Baraboo)