The Fox Cities Advocates for Public Education (FCA4PE) is sponsoring 6 rallies throughout the Fox Cities on successive Tuesdays. Three rallies took place in Appleton, Neenah and Kaukauna on June 8, 16, and 23. Three more are scheduled in Kimberly, Menasha and Little Chute.
The remaining rallies are Tuesday evenings from 4:00-5:00 p.m. and will be held at the following locations:
- Kimberly: June 30 at the Kimberly YMCA, 225 W. Kimberly Ave.
- Menasha: July 7 at 440 First Street.
- Little Chute: July 14 at 130 W. Main Street (by the Windmill).
The group describes itself as a non-partisan, issue oriented advocacy group that focuses on finding common ground regarding growth and improvement of public education in the Fox Valley. With the rallies, FCA4PE seeks to build public support for a state budget that:
- Restores cuts to public education funding. The cuts of concern are currently allocated to voucher expansion.
- Increases funding for special education (currently at 27 % of special education staffing and services costs).
- Removes the proposed civics test.
- Preserves teacher licensing standards.
- Removes the eligibility of home school and private school students for public school extra-curricular and athletic activities.
The group produced a You Tube video of its Kaukauna event held this past Tuesday.